If you have never used this Search Engine
before, please read the following ...
Use the form below to search for documents in this web containing specific
animal's name, words or combinations of words. The search engine will display a
weighted list of matching pages or documents, with better matches shown first.
Each list item is a link to a matching page or document; if the page or document
has a title it will be shown, otherwise only the document's file name is
displayed. A brief explanation of the query language is
available, along with examples.
The text search engine allows queries to be formed from arbitrary Boolean
expressions containing the keywords AND, OR, and NOT, and grouped with
parentheses. For example:
- information retrieval
- finds documents containing the words 'information' or 'retrieval'
- information or retrieval
- same as above
- information and retrieval
- finds documents containing both 'information' and 'retrieval'
- information not retrieval
- finds documents containing 'information' but not 'retrieval'
- (terrier and mix)
finds all animals of Terrier Mixed Breed. The 'and' forces the search to
look for the two words next to each other. Without the parentheses, you will
find all Terriers and all Mixed breed animals, which will include all
Mixed Breed Cats.
- (information not retrieval) and WAIS
- finds documents containing 'WAIS', plus 'information' but not
- dogs not (mix or terrier)
- finds all dogs that are not mix breed or terriers
- finds documents containing words starting with 'web'
- finds all dogs that have 'Blood' as part of the breed. Bloodhounds, in